High-Quality Silk Screening in Chula Vista
Extra Graphic has one important mission: to provide the people in California with high-quality, affordable, comfortable custom made apparel that meets their functionality, fashion, and style desires. We are fully dedicated to helping consumers bring their unique clothing design ideas to life, whether they be simple or highly complex. We can create work apparel, fashion apparel, and everything in between.
Silk screening is one of the best ways to quickly create unique and attractive shirts, hats, bags, and more. It may be helpful for you, the consumer, to learn about the silk screening process in order to help you decide whether or not this design method is right for you.
Defining Silk Screening
Our cutting edge, top-of-the-line silk screening techniques allow for the most high-quality and accurately created apparel designs in Chula Vista. Your final product may turn out even better than you had imagined it would. We use computerized and automatic screen printers that create flawless designs. These screen printing machines complete various tasks during the screen printing process for our graphic design team, including:
- Accurately fitting stencils
- Properly preparing silk-screening material
- Applying the water-based ink
- Removing material
- Finalizing the printing
Visit our print shop in Chula Vista to see how our professional silk screening techniques can complement your wardrobe.
Silk Screening Methods Used in Chula Vista
Having a working knowledge of the different silk screening methods available to you at Extra Graphic in Chula Vista may assist you in selecting the best silk screening design for you. Each method is individualized and different from the next, and offers a specific set of benefits. We utilize four separate silk screening methods at Extra Graphic.
- Method 1: Spot Color Printing: If you desire a bold, contrasting design, spot color printing could be the right choice for you. One of the most widespread and popular methods of silk screening, spot color printing entails using ink without adjusting the amount applied with a stencil.
- Method 2: Half-Tone Printing: This method entails printing one or more colors in a gradient form. When used with just one ink color, this method can make it appear like various shades of the same color are incorporated into the design of your choice. It can also create a multi-color look without the high cost of doing so.
- Method 3: Duotone Printing: This printing method involves utilizing two halftones in the same design with two separate colors.
- Method 4: CMYK Printing: This is the most complicated of all of the methods.The CMYK method is usually used with automatic printing presses but works for manual pressing as well. This method entails breaking down fully colored images into different shades of cyan, yellow, black, and magenta in order to create full colors.
Considering the type of project you wish to complete is important when choosing a fitting printing method. Due to the highly complex nature of some of these printing methods, some may be better fits than others when considering very large projects. You may also want to keep in mind the fabric/object that will be printed upon.
You always want to consider your budget when choosing a design method right for your project. Some methods cost more than others, and work better with smaller or larger projects. Time requirements as well as material requirements for some design methods may call for a slightly larger budget.
Come into our print shop to speak directly with an Extra Graphic team member about the right design method for your specific project.
What Material Works Best for Silk Screening in Chula Vista?
Considering the purpose of your finished product will help in choosing the right material for your apparel. Some materials possess better absorbency properties than others, which can make for a smoother, bolder design.
The very best material for silk screening tends to be 100% cotton. The blend and weave of the fabric makes for an ideal backdrop to professional apparel designs. Wool is another good choice for silk screening. Cotton blends tend to be more durable, affordable, and reliable than other fabrics when it comes to screen printing.
Wool tends to be one of the more expensive options when it comes to choosing a fitting fabric for your silk screened apparel. This is due to the large amount of ink needed to create the finished product. Generally speaking, the thicker the fabric, the more ink it will absorb, and take to create a final, finished design. Though wool does tend to hold color and design longer, it can be one of the more costly options to choose.
Stop into our print shop in Chula Vista in order to receive a quote concerning the cost of your project and the time it will take to complete. Our highly creative team of expert graphic designers are here to help you create the design you’ve been dreaming of. Contact us to get started today.
Extra Graphic is Your Top Silk Screening Choice in Chula Vista!
We at Extra Graphic have extensive, far-reaching experience in creating top-quality and affordable apparel designs that continually exceed our customers’ expectations. We are dedicated and highly passionate about providing our customers with comfortable, long-lasting, attractive clothing that will help them put their style ideas on display.
Our rates are competitive as we strive to provide our customers with the best quality apparel decorating service in Chula Vista. We take immense pride in the quality of our products and the thorough yet unique nature of our approach. We offer a wide array of apparel decorating options, ranging from silk screening to embroidery. Contact our team today at 619-354-XTRA (9872) to meet with our designer to get a quote for your project.