Ordering a Custom T-Shirt In Santee
We get it, ordering a custom t-shirt isn’t the easiest process to go through, and it can be a little overwhelming, especially if it’s your first order. There are several factors to think about when it comes to ordering custom shirts. The style of print, the fabric of the shirts, the style of the shirt, and the design that’s going to be on the shirt are all important details to go over. But no worries, we at Extra Graphic want to make sure that you end up with a t-shirt that you and anyone who wears your shirt are going to love for years to come. As a response, we’ve put together a bit of a guide to help your ordering process go a little easier.
Choose The Right Style Of Shirt For Your Project
One of the things to consider when you’re ordering custom shirts from Extra Graphic is the style of the shirt you’re going to be using. This is going to depend on a number of factors. Who is going to be wearing the shirt? Making sure that your custom order is going to be appropriate for the genders and age groups that will be wearing the shirts is extremely important. In a widely mixed group, we recommend unisex shirts that will be comfortable for everyone. What time of year is the shirt going to be worn? You’re not going to want to wear a tank top in the colder months or a sweatshirt in the warmer months. You could offer a few options for shirt styles to the wearers so that they will be sure to get exactly what they want.
What Makes a Good T-Shirt Design?
A great design makes a great t-shirt. Some of the best advice we have to give you about making a good design is to envision the design on a shirt. First sketch out your idea, take time to explore your concept. Detail is key, but keep your design simple. Some of the most effective shirt designs are the simplest, and they get the point across. Choose the right colors to make your design pop. Use the color of the t-shirt, and select complementary colors. Remember that at the end of the day, you want to make a design that the people who are going to wear this shirt will love. Be inspired by the latest trends, but don’t try to copy them.
One of the things that aren’t always considered when custom ordering shirts is the fabric of the shirt. Nobody wants to wear a shirt that isn’t going to be very comfortable. The fabric makeup of your t-shirt is going to have a major effect on the look and feel of the final product. When thinking of fabrics, there are three major types:
- 100% Cotton- a soft material that prints brightly with water-based inks
- Cotton/Polyester Blends- softer than cotton, that prints with a slightly heathered look
- Triblends- the softest of the three types, prints on this type of shirt have a vintage look
Not knowing how a shirt feels before ordering is often confusing. If you want to see and feel a sample of the types of shirts and prints we offer, feel free to stop by our Iowa Street studio to feel the differences for yourself!
Choosing a Print Style
Are you looking for a soft and subtle print, a bold and vibrant print, or more of a textured pattern on your shirt? The different types of printing we use have different effects, from a heathered vintage look to an elegantly textured print. The type of print you choose will affect the way your custom project is going to look.
- Water-based inks and discharge prints give your projects more of a softer vintage look. These inks dye the actual fabric of the shirt instead of sitting on top, giving it a no-feel finish. Getting the exact color you’re looking for with water-based inks is more difficult. Different fabric types give different results.
- Plastisol inks are bright and bold. They feel a little bit like a sticker on the shirt because they sit on top of the fabric instead of dying the fabric itself. However, with plastisol, you get the exact color you’re looking for, and the colors are bright across all fabric types.
- Embroidery gives your shirts an elegant, texturized look. Unfortunately, designs for embroidering need to be smaller in order to look its best. You are guaranteed to get the colors you want because the thread for embroidery comes in a large number of colors.
Why Choose Extra Graphic For Your Custom Printing Needs in Santee?
- We’ve been custom screen printing for over 15 years now and we know the ins and outs of making your design look its best with any style of printing we offer.
- We offer a large selection of apparel styles for printing.
- We strive to give you the best-printed apparel possible.
- We’re affordably priced.
- You can order anytime, we’ll keep pace with your schedule.
- Fast Turnaround! Most orders are ready in 7-10 business days.
- Your orders are always delivered as promised. On-time, accurate, and with the best quality in San Diego.
At Extra Graphic, our team has over 80 years of combined experience in apparel decorating and promotional branding. We are always happy to help you choose the right options for your project’s needs. You are also more than welcome to stop by our studio on Iowa Street to see and feel the differences in the types of printing and shirt textures we offer for yourself. When you walk into our doors, you will receive friendly service, creative insight, and open communication from the beginning of your project all the way to the very end. Being the local leader of high-quality apparel printing in San Diego, we guarantee the quality of your printed projects. When other printers disappoint, Extra Graphic delivers!
Call us for more info at (619)-354-XTRA today!